Friday, June 20, 2014

Here, Pussy Pussy Pussy!

One of our esteemed colleagues shared a story with us that simply could not go unblogged.

I had an elderly client in today for a euthanasia......after the cat had passed away she said "he's in pussy heaven! A place with other cats, and lots of birds to chase. Dr Joe, what is your idea of pussy heaven?"
Her daughter looked at me as I stood there like a deer in the headlights and said "Mom, maybe you shouldn't ask Dr. Joe what he thinks pussy heaven is like. I mean, I know he's a vet, but he was a male first!"
So many levels of awesome right there....I love how it sounds like she's saying being a vet and being male are mutually exclusive, for one thing. For another thing - PUSSY HEAVEN! It's like Dog Heaven, but with more - oh, nevermind.

In the same discussion, another colleague mentioned his clients who used to come in with their elderly cat for frequent check-ups. While he examined their cat, the clients would chant "Dr. Jones LOVES Good Pussy, Dr. Jones LOVES Good Pussy." By the way, let this be a warning - most veterinarians have a very good poker face! We kind of have to.

And one for the VBB Gift Guide:









Sorry but I couldn't help myself. Meow!

1 comment:

  1. That was blog gold! Thanks for the laugh...I'll be pondering my ideas of "heaven" all day now...

    ReplyDelete