Friday, March 2, 2012

Or, we could not do that...

Because life doesn't put itself on hold in troubled times, even though VBB central is under a lot of stress today, I still had to walk the puppy. We walked up the street through the neighborhood for about 40 minutes this morning. Oh neighborhood. Why hast thou forsaken me?

Believe it or not, I expect people to be nice. I expect polite, intelligent, kind people to populate my world. I am constantly disappointed, by the way.

The guy with the obstructed dog wasn't out, though I saw his dog pee yesterday, so there's that. But a few homes past him is "my dog wants to play with your dog" man. This man drives me to drink. His dog is a land shark and shouldn't be allowed in polite society. But today his dog was not home (it's at the groomer! Yay!) so instead he just wanted to chat about his new "invention." He insisted that he was going to create a dog food system that involved feeding the dog a capsule and then 20 minutes later, dog food. The capsule dissolves to reveal a baggie that waits in the rectum to be filled with stool. Then the dog poops out a bag of stool. Honestly I was LMAO but he became quite put out & insisted he was "extremely not kidding." Then he said "you know I hadn't thought of it but we'd make a great team. We could market this in your clinic." I just looked at him, & raised one eyebrow, and left. He's probably blogging now about his bitchy-ass neighbor, the vet who blew off his big business idea.

11 comments:

  1. ok, I'm admittedly not a vet, but don't baggies plus rectums usually equal surgery???

    ReplyDelete
  2. A small amount of knowledge . . . (plus, perhaps, a small amount of brain power).

    Happy to hear that poor obstructed neighbour dog is peeing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There was a movie a few years back where a guy invented a spray that you could use on dog poo. It would vanish! I believe he called it 'Vapoorizer'. Sounds safer that the pooing out bags idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! And it worked! Jack Black got rich and Ben Stiller, the friend he had asked to go into business with him but declined, was sick with envy. The movie was called "Envy."

      Delete
  4. You could call it the Poop Parachute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^^what Pam said.

    I just love the idea of something "waiting" in the rectum.

    Dee-dee-dee, just sittin' here, waitin'...

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are variations of this poop bag sold online (and they used to sell it on tv). This one made me crack up:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wUbVjIswSbge

    This was the one marketed in the US, but the website is gone (http://pooptrapusa.com)

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-IrlhLF1c3k&feature=related

    And, I found it! Yours for only 50 bucks and the knowledge that you took away your dog's great joy of pooping. Hey, pooping feels GOOD and your dog knows it.

    http://catchpoop.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. At best, the outside of the bag would be covered in large bowel goblet cell mucous. No thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has already been done...in the form of yummy used condoms stolen from the trash. That's earth-friendly, you know--reusing and upcycling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in our treatment area one day and a new kennel asst. walked in with a stunned look on her face. She was holding a condom that had just been passed by the dog she was walking. She asked "Do you really think he ate this thing?" My response was "I certainly hope that he ate it"

      Delete